Pages

Monday 15 July 2013

Pumpkin and Chia Muffins

The other day my best girl Nicola sent me a photo of her Pumpkin and Chia Muffins she baked using Sarah Wilson's I Quit Sugar recipe from her 8-week Detox Program and Cookbook.  They looked so fab I asked her for the recipe and a photo so I could share it with you all!


 
 
Fluffy Pumpkin and Chia Muffins
Baked by my girl, Nicola

 
Batch and freeze. Makes 12.
 
Ingredients
100 g pumpkin
2 cups of gluten-free flour
1 cup almond meal
Sprinkle ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
Handful of basil leaves, chopped
Fistful of chia seeds
2 eggs, separated
2-3 tablespoons of granulated stevia
2 tablespoons olive oil
Handful of pepitas
 
Method
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line each cup of a 12-cup muffin tray with a 10cm square of baking paper (or use cupcake papers). Grate the pumpkin using a food processor with a shredding disc - you need 1 cup grated pumpkin. Combine the pumpkin, flour, almond meal, cinnamon, baking powder, basil and chia seeds.
 
In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks, stevia and olive oil using a stick blender, then add to the pumpkin mixture. Stir in enough water to make a consistency. Whip the egg whites until soft peaks form and stir into the pumpkin mixture. Spoon into the muffin tray and pop in the oven. After about 5 minutes, sprinkle the muffins with the pepitas. Bake for about 10 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
 
Yummo! I am yet to try these, but maybe I should just get Nicola to make me another batch instead cause hers look ahh-mazing. Happy Baking dolls ♥  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment