Pages

Thursday 13 June 2013

Just a bit of gardening

My best friend and I are both garden lovers and for our 2 year anniversary, she gave me a garden set for my window sill. The set contained three tin pots, seedlings for Pansies, Alyssums and Lobelias, as well as these cutes pegs with mini chalkboards on them. It is so perfect for me at the moment because the house we are renting has absolutely nowhere for me to have my garden, except for inside, so I've had to use my windowsills to showcase my beauties and keep the rest of my plants at my mum's house until we find our next place (boy will I make sure it has a good veranda next time!).

I only got around to finally planting the seedlings this week and have been so amazed at their progress. I planted them on Saturday when the sun was still out and was so excited to record their progress, but I wasn't expecting anything after only 5 days.



These photos were taken on the first day. You can see that the Alyssum seedlings needed to be pressed gently on top of the soil, while the Pansy and Lobelia seedlings needed to be sowed about 5mm underneath the soil. Having to write on those little chalkboards are super hard!
 

This is the Alyssum seeds after only two days. I was expecting the Alyssum to grow faster than the others because they were planted on top of the soil but I never expected this much growth so quickly!
 


 
This is the pots today - five days in. My Alyssums are going well but still nothing for the other two! I will keep you updated with their progress. I have never grown anything from seedlings before and I'm really hoping the other two start growing up and out of the dirt soon.. I am one impatient garden mama!
 
While I'm doing an update for my garden, I wanted to show you my little beauty that featured in one of my earlier posts about my DIY super cute and easy succulent garlands. My succulents have been really loving the cold sun they have been getting in my window sill this winter. This one especially has bloomed in the last few weeks since I did this post.
 

I just love this photo and how Chewie sneaked into it at the last minute.
 
Happy Thursday Everyone!KL
 
 


 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment