Pages

Thursday 30 May 2013

Finals are over and now its time to bake.

Boy does it feel good to be back on here again!

I have been studying non-stop for the last week in order to prepare for my final exams and have had no time to do anything other than eat, sleep and study. Today is my first day exam-free and I have been dying to bake me something yummy, quick and easy! Because lets face it, all I want to do for the next week is stay in my pyjamas all day and catch up on all the television shows I have missed (ha ha!). Cookies were the obvious choice for me, as when you are low on supplies, money or time cookies are such a good solution as they cook in a matter of minutes.

                                                 Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients                                                                     Cooking time: 12-15 minutes
-180g unsalted butter, softened                                          Makes: 12 large cookies
-¾ cup (120g) brown sugar
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-2 eggs
-2 cups (300g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
-1 teaspoon baking powder, sifted
-150g chocolate chips

Preheat your oven to 180ÂșC. Place the butter, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until pale and creamy. Gradually add the eggs and beat well. Add the flour and baking powder and beat until a smooth dough forms. Fold through the chocolate chips. Roll 2 tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls, place on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper and press to flatten. Bake for 12–15 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool on the trays.



Happy Thursday!
 ♥ Katie Lou


No comments:

Post a Comment